Saturday, December 1, 2007

Gentle Mary Laid Her Child

I have accepted Jamie's challenge to blog each day in December whilst using Christmas carols as titles. Won't this be fun! The connection will be oblique at times but together, we will find it. Last night Harper was playing with Hudson in the little play yard thing while I got her dinner ready. He was giggling so I asked, "What's so funny?" I'm giving Hudson a hug, she said. I looked over and it turns out what she really meant to say is, "I am lying on top of Hudson with my full body weight and he is laughing because apparently that's what babies do when they have sustained a liver laceration from blunt force trauma." I got her off lickety split and he was making this weird, pained sort of groan because before the hug happened, he'd apparently been sitting up on his knees which were now folded underneath him at a strange angle. It's a good thing babies are so bendy. Everyone was ok. Harper kept asking, "What I did?" So we had a big discussion about The Nature of Hugs.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

yay! I'm glad you're playing :)

Denise said...

I think that I have you to thank for the blog challenge. :) I've enjoyed it and just now checked out your blog which is fantastic! Your children are adorable! May I add you to my list of blogs? That will make it easier for me to check yours. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!!