Saturday, December 8, 2007

to be jolly

There is just not much funnier than a toddler who puts her shoes on the wrong feet. It cracks me up every time. I almost let her wear her Mary Janes wrong when we went somewhere this week so that everyone else could laugh with me, but decided that might be a bad podiatric decision. Something else that made me giggle this week--one of the Take Your Picture With Santa Santas at the Galleria. There's one that looks just right. He has a long fluffy white beard, a jelly belly, and little Benjamin Frankin glasses. His understudy, however, who must work weekday mornings when I guess they figure the crowds will be easily impressed, has a beard that is really more like vacation stubble AND these enormous gold aviator-style glasses circa 1975. He looks unkempt. You could tell the parents in line really wanted to ask when the other Santa would be there.

2 comments:

Bowser said...

Just some well deserved encouragement to keep it up. Can't wait to see you and your family. Bless!

Robin said...

Hey Patti - This is Robin from the book club. I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE this picture. The shoes on the wrong feet and the angle of the shot and the way you cropped it are all great.