Sunday, December 9, 2007

O Tannenbaum

I think I'm going to have to bow out of the Blog a Day Christmas Carol Challenge for a few days. We are moving into another apartment on Tuesday and will be sans internet for at least a couple of days. And there will likely be other pressing priorities. I don't like change. It makes me melancholy. Alas. It's being forced on us by our apartment complex. They've decided to update our already modern apartments by adding faux wood floors and stainless appliances. We're moving into the apartment across the hall. We have yet to begin packing. It's a good chance to simplify, give away and throw away.
Last night I told Harper that I found something she had done frustrating and she reached out, stroked my arm gently and said, "It's okay Mommy. YOU'RE okay Mommy," and planted a tender little kiss right on my wrist. It's hard to be stern when there's so much cute flying around.

3 comments:

Margie said...

Wait a minute - your apt complex is making you MOVE in the MIDDLE OF DECEMBER? What management mind made this decision? Surely they would lose little revenue by waiting a mere two weeks to grant their residents, already immersed in obligatory holiday activities even regardless of religious affiliation, to fully participate.

Recently I made a passing comment to Elizabeth like, "Hey, Mommy just cleaned the bathroom!" And she responded, "I'm so PROUD of you Mommy!" Even though she was merely parroting what I tell her, I swear I beamed for the rest of the afternoon.

Margie said...

Patti, I neglected to write that I'll miss your posts for the few days of your move and re-adjustment. But you'll surely have loads o' moving tales - fodder for the Christmas challenge blog!

Jamie said...

We will miss your posts, but we understand! Let me know if Asher and I can come and help--we are great packers/movers :)