It's from "Good King Wenceslas" who, I remembered reading on something in Prague, was never a king, but was decidedly good. I just looked it up. He was a duke. The carol is about the philanthropic duke's venture out into the cold snowy night to render succor to one less fortunate. His page doesn't think he can walk another step so the good duke tells him to walk in his big snowy footprints. So J. got home yesterday, plunged ONCE, and the toilet complied. I was convinced it was because of my arduous work beforehand. After some gentle questioning, J. ascertained that my whole Theory of Plunging was amiss. I had always thought the goal was to use the suction to pull something up so that it could then go down. Apparently, that is not the case.
A nurse came to our house yesterday to draw our blood and test our urine and weigh me (that's right--he had his own scale even) because we are getting life insurance from Jodey's best friend who sat in our living room and witnessed the blood draw, the weigh-in, and, poor boy, the hand off of the urine. A perfect end to a perfect day.
Today, on the other hand, IS glorious. Spent the morning at the zoo with good friends. Rode the carousel. Let's end with a picture since it's been awhile.

Hudson likes to keep his toes curled up sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment