Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Entropy


It's the Second Law of Thermodynamics. The world tends towards disorder. It's because it takes more energy to keep things ordered. The natural world is lazy, as are we. This is an interesting theological reality as well. No weeds in the pre-Fall garden. So. This is our post-Fall coffee table. Just two days ago, J. had it completely cleared. He is the tidy one in the family. Harper and I tend to clutter. My favorite things are the sandals Mr. Corncob is wearing as a hat, and the wild ride Spiderman is enjoying on Lewis the Dog. Spiderman joined the family on Saturday, which around here is referred to as Daddy's Day. Harper's favorite things about Spiderman: that he can do the splits, and that his web-spewing hand is making the sign for 'I love you.' So instead of fighting crime, Spiderman runs around our apartment saying "I love you!" in a high-pitched voice and jumping into the splits. Spider-femme.

No comments: