
Harper is pretty agile, as you can see from the arabesque. She has, however, suffered a couple of notable exceptions this week. On Tuesday while trying very hard to NOT take a nap, she fell out of her crib for the first time. I'm actually amazed that it took 28 months considering her seemingly insatiable curiosity. She did NOT enjoy the fall and hasn't tried again. Then yesterday at the park while she was standing on the jungle jim (I'm not sure what else to call this--you know, the thing with stairs and tunnels and slides) singing "Happy Birthday" to a little boy she'd just met, she somehow managed to get her bent knee wedged between two of the bars. It took a bit of painful manuvering to get her free. She then proceeded to fall out of a swing and get a face full of mulch. She kept asking, "What happened to Harper Anne?" on the way home.
On another note, I am already tired of the 2008 elections. And the ads haven't even started in Texas. It's frustrating that it costs so much money to become president. It's because we are complacent. The candidates spend millions of dollars buying ads because they know that's just about the only way to break through the inertia. At this point it's basically a popularity contest. I'm pretty convinced that it doesn't really matter who the president is. There are lots of people who will passionately disagree with me. But I've been paying attention for around 20 years (Bush-Clinton-Bush) and the changes seem superficial. I'll still vote, mind you, I just won't be excited about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment