So I ran into Kroger last night on my way home from Freebirds (I do not as a rule like Mexican food. I do enjoy the Freebirds) to grab a couple of things and what do you think I saw there? Well, it was Friday night, so, of course, it was open mike night in the deli/prepared foods section. There was a lady, she was around 60 I'd say, accompanying herself on an electric keyboard and singing light pop from the 70's and 80's. You know how high school marching bands try to play pop music only they can't do the syncopation because I guess their feet would get all tangled up or something? That's what this lady sounded like! As though if she ventured from the metronome someone would fling a freshly prepared, ready for the oven lasagna at her. I scanned my groceries to the dulcet tones of "Take it..to the limit". I was tempted to record the performance on my phone (only I don't know how) and send it to the Eagles. And since we're on the rather odd subject, why does the Randalls by me have a sitting area with a cozy fireplace? Are there people who actually want to stay for a while and relax at the grocery store?
Tonight I was helping Harper with her long-sleeved pink pj shirt and she said, "I'm like Jesus." Oh, I said, How are you like Jesus? "Because of my pink shirt," she patiently explained. "Does Jesus wear a pink shirt?" I queried. "No, Jesus wears a brown shirt." Ah, of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had a little trouble reading the rest of the post after the "I don't like Mexican food" comment--this must be because you have not eaten at the right places. We must rectify this situation!
And I love Harper's logic...I totally see where she is going with that.
Post a Comment