It means walking while teaching. I love words, which makes me a logophile. I also do lots of walking while teaching. Harper is newly fascinated by crosswalk lights. We have to cross a busy intersection to get to our parks, and we spend most of the walk anticipating and then processing how TERRIBLY exciting it is to see The Orange Hand and The White Man With No Face On. That's right. She calls him The White Man With No Face On. So we get to the park and Harper starts rhapsodizing about that most joyful of moments when It's Safe To Walk When I See The White Man With No Face On! My parents were here Tuesday and my dad went to the park with us.
My dad: It sounds like she's saying (lowers his voice and whispers dramatically) "the WHITE man."
Me: Yes, that IS what she's saying.
I explained it but I think he still found it a little scandalous that she was going on and on about The White Man (With No Face On). It is rather scandalous to end a sentence with a preposition, after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ooh--I love words, too! I'm glad to know what I am now! :)
Post a Comment