Saturday, November 3, 2007

Our very own Atticus Finch

So, a lawyer passes the bar...

That's right, kids. My dear husband has done it. He is an Official Lawyer. He has the bow-ties, the round, tortoise shell spectacles, and a head full of useful words like tort, muniment, and unconscionability. He could also, I have no doubt, take down a rabid dog with a single shot, though it would grieve him deeply.

And if he tires of the law, there's also his considerable skill as a sous-chef. Here is what it looks like when he prepares Harper's dinner:
Other exciting family news this week: Hudson, having expressed little interest in locomotion thus far, decided it was time to crawl. I had put him down for a minute to peel Harper's banana and he saw a patch of sunlight on the carpet that he simply had to touch. He got on all fours and, showing a blatant disregard for such expected precursors as the "commando crawl", slowly made his way over with nary a tummy drop. I think the patch of sunlight was a disappointment, but he's discovering the many enticements of the Wider World. And Harper is discovering her hoarding reflex. Her new favorite phrase: "Hudson is too little to play with my _________."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A HUGE congrats to you guys on Jodey's passage of the bar! We're so happy for you! Yet we're a little afraid this will mean you might be moving on to bigger and better things, AKA someplace other than Houston. This sounds hypocritical, right, as we have already moved away. But we love seeing you when we are in town!

ari said...

yeah!! congratulations on passing the bar and crawling!! That's a really big week.

I'm working on that email - haven't forgotten you. What computer time I do have comes in unexpected spurts and lasts anywhere from 20 seconds to 7 minutes. Right now in fact, I need to go start a vaporizer for one baby and give a suppository to another. Both are plugged, but from different ends. Sisters sharing almost everything already. (Am I allowed to say suppository here? Yikes.)

Back to the post - yaaaaaaaaaay!