Wednesday, November 28, 2007

To sleep, perchance, part 2

Hudson would like everyone to know that on the eve of his 10 month "birthday" (that's for you, Mr. Bowser) he finally decided that maybe the world would not end if he slept 12 hours at a stretch. After a few disastrous nights at my parents' over Thanksgiving, J. decided we needed to throw a Hail Mary. Here's what that looked like: he blew up an air mattress and we slept on the living room floor. And Hudson had his closet door and our bedroom door between us. He could not hear or smell or otherwise sense that I was just a few feet away. We're hoping that a few nights more and he'll be cured of his night waking habit. And hopefully, we can move back into our bed. Though the air mattress isn't too bad--I just feel like I'm about to roll off most of the night. J. looked at Murphy beds online the other day. They are large and expensive and, I suspect, not very comfortable. It would be sort of European to have the living room double as our bedroom. J. is the Master of maximizing space. We're moving to a new apartment in a couple of weeks. We'll still just have two bedrooms but I have a feeling he's got a Plan.
On Sunday when we got home, I managed to set off the VERY loud smoke alarm while Harper and Hudson were napping. Neither of them woke up. Of course if I have the audacity to rustle the sheet too loudly while turning over in the middle of the night, that's enough to wake him up. Ah, selective hearing.

No comments: