Micturition: from the Latin, micturire, to want to urinate. I have not blogged in several days because we have taken up the gauntlet. This picture, taken this weekend, will, barring backsliding, be the last picture of Harper wearing a diaper:
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
developmental millstones
Yes, the misspelling is intentional.
Micturition: from the Latin, micturire, to want to urinate. I have not blogged in several days because we have taken up the gauntlet. This picture, taken this weekend, will, barring backsliding, be the last picture of Harper wearing a diaper:
She is also sporting one of J's bowties. Those are sea turtles. So, the reason diapers are easy is because they allow you and your kid to be sort of blissfully unaware of micturition and his good friend defacation for sometimes hours at a time. With the wearing of The Big Girl Panties comes Constant Vigilance, which isn't hugely popular. I'd say it's going pretty well though. I don't think it's premature to say she has some mastery over micturition. The worst part is being confined to home. I got overly optimistic after some early success Monday morning and assumed that meant she was ready to use her portable little suitcase potty at the zoo. Silly me. We then tried the park yesterday morning. Again, not a good idea. She really likes toting around her portable suitcase potty but has yet to actually deposit anything in it. So today we are home. All day. I have a headache. And Harper seems grumpy. I tried to explain to her that unless she's willing to void al fresco, home we will have to stay. So, J. passed the bar, Hudson learned to crawl, Harper learned to use the potty..what impressive thing, you ask, have I learned to do this week? Well, I made up a potty song to the "Hallelujah" chorus of Handel's Messiah. Would it offend Handel, do you think, to know that "stin-ky poo-poo" actually fits quite nicely?
Micturition: from the Latin, micturire, to want to urinate. I have not blogged in several days because we have taken up the gauntlet. This picture, taken this weekend, will, barring backsliding, be the last picture of Harper wearing a diaper:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Patti Pate lives! I've wondered about you over the years and here you are, with a whole houseful of people I don't know. Send me a note when you have time; I'd love to catch up. thadnorvell - at - g mail dot com.
Patti, Wendy B is a good friend of mine and she sent me the link to your blog. So, for the last week I've been reading it. And liking it. But not this one. Why? Because I'm a little bitter that you've taught your daughter to micturate in one weekend, and I've been working on it for one year with limited success. Congratulations, I say, and happy Handel. But is there a tune for "Please Tee-Tee On The Potty Every Time?"
Hi Margie! We've been potty training in fits and starts for MONTHS. Close to a year. I finally just decided that the whole "she'll do it when SHE'S ready" idea just didn't fly. I think Harper would've happily stayed in diapers until she was 5. So I decided I was ready. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog. I'd love to read yours--can you email the link?
Post a Comment