This morning at breakfast after I'd put Hudson down for his morning nap, Harper requested a recitation of Things Hudson Is Too Little To Touch. Never too early to start relishing the misfortune of others. Those of you following the Potty Saga might have a passing interest in the fact that she took her big girl superiority into the bathroom soon after and made her second deposit in the Bank of Poo. She has also decided that the suitcase potty can indeed serve her well when she is at the park or Children's Museum. We have tentatively re-entered the world, albeit with lots of conversations about What Our Body Is Telling Us at 15 minute intervals.
**DISCLAIMER** I am not being reimbursed for the following endorsement. (though it would be kind of cool if I were)
Something good happens this time of year and its name is Coffee Mate seasonal creamer. I'm partial to the Pumpkin Spice, though the Peppermint Mocha is also good. (I tried the Gingerbread this morning and it was disappointing). I'm not kidding you, gentle reader, for a mere $1.77 you can get a couple of weeks' worth of almost Starbucks caliber coffee goodness. I'm not pretending it's healthy. Let's face it, it's called cream-er, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what chemistry is involved to necessitate the -er. Coffee is, for me, primarily a drug, but I feel okay about enjoying it.
One more thing. Usually when I put Hudson down for his naps it's a pretty tidy business. I sing for about 30 seconds, put him down, he pops his thumb in, rolls over on his side and we're done. Not so just now. He really didn't think he needed a nap and he expressed this by pushing up into a sitting position, bursting into a most pitiful cry, and, incongruously, clapping his little hands. It was like two fat little starfish smacking together in a rainstorm. I wish I could say I was of stern enough stuff to turn on my heel and march out. Indeed I am not. He and his fat little starfish clapping hands got picked right up. I am NOT Babywise at moments like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment