
This is Harper drawing Bob the Tomato from Veggie Tales. She's getting pretty good at faces. I saw a preview for a documentary about a 4 year old who is a modern art prodigy. I think it's called "My Kid Could Draw That," which is, of course, the reaction most of us among the non-cognescenti have when we see modern art. Apparently the kid gets a savvy agent who starts convincing people to pay thousands of dollars for her paintings and then it turns out maybe the kid is getting a little help from her parents. Let the record state that I in no way aided Harper in the above depiction of Bob the Tomato. We've all been a little out of sorts and cranky today. Potty training may beat us yet. The thing with having young kids is that just when you really feel like you're hitting your stride, it's time for some new and likely disruptive developmental milestone to show up. I was remembering the halcyon days of last week when Harper and Hudson were napping simultaneously for 2 hours each afternoon. Now she's all cranky about not being able to relieve herself whenever and wherever she pleases, and Hudson, after subsisting quite blissfully on breastmilk for almost 8 months is wondering why I keep trying to shovel peas and sweet potatoes into his mouth. J., who tends to be an iconoclast when it comes to things like pediatrician recommended timetables, wonders why I get into a dither. It's because I am a Rule Follower. A Non-Wave Maker. An icono-phile?
1 comment:
Just to let you know...I'm reading! And I'm quite the Rule Follower, too. Perhaps that's why we are such friends!
Post a Comment