We had a nice Thanksgiving with my family. I love my mom's turkey and cornbread dressing and green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole. We brought dessert this year. Harper made an apple pie, and I made chocolate Italian cream cake. Harper tried to cut an elaborate design into the piecrust and it did not go very well. There were suggestions that we JUST THROW IT IN THE TRASH but I managed to convince her it would be just fine. It really was delicious. Especially for breakfast.
This is the kids, giddy with excitement to go over the river and through the oil refineries to Grandmother's house.
Me: Hudson, it is your turn to unload the dishwasher.
Hudson: As soon as I've finished touring on my luxury gondola!
Mrs. Spivey's grandkids are a little older than my kids, and she always gives toys to my mom once her grandkids no longer play with them. These plastic cups are one of the favorites. HOURS of fun. We also discovered Skip Bo (which the cousins dubbed "Skip body odor!") and there were also multiple rounds of The Game of Life.
A few months ago, my mom uncovered my childhood collection of Family Circus books in a bin in her attic. The kids can't get enough of Billy, Dolly, Jeffy, and PJ. There were actually a few of my Dad's Dennis the Menace books too, and I chuckled when I found one published in 1956, when he was a sophomore at Baylor. I guess he enjoyed a little Dennis during study breaks.

No comments:
Post a Comment