Monday, November 7, 2016

Random Picture Monday, Part V: It's November!

When I printed out our lesson plans yesterday I realized we were starting week 12 of school. That is one third of the school year already gone. Well. That is startling.

The wooden blocks got hauled downstairs this week. Castles aplenty, castles galore.


The chrysalids seem to be in soul sleep. I thought I read they would immerge in 8-12 days. It's been longer than that. Perhaps they recognize their captivity and are refusing to play along.


We had Hudson's last soccer game on Saturday. It ended in a 1-1 tie. The actual most exciting part of the day happened when we drove up and witnessed a thief breaking into our friends' car. So, naturally, the husband took off in hot pursuit. In the minivan. Sadly, the criminal was not apprehended, largely because I insisted he let us out of the van before he careened off. With the sliding door wide open. He is a Crusader for Justice, I am an Impediment to Justice.
 Harper got some oil paints and spent a couple of hours out on the patio Saturday painting this sunset. I feel like Bob Ross would be proud of her efforts.
 I just found these pictures from 2, maybe 3 years ago. We had this frog in our backyard, and every morning, Helena would go out and play with it until it finally disappeared, probably to a yard less inhabited by children who wanted to hug him and squeeze him and call him George. Both Hudson and Helena are still wearing these pjs, and they are now at least 4 sizes too small. If we ever have to leave our house in a hurry in the middle of the night, I might be a little embarrassed for us.



No comments: