1. The kids and I had a really slow summer, and for the first time, I did not think this worked very well. I don't know what to do about that, I just don't want to forget.
2. We did go to see several kid movies at the theatre (a rare occurrence) and Harper enjoys this SO VERY MUCH. She has a very loud raucous laugh, and she has a ready response to silly humor. I did not really enjoy having to sit through kid movies, but watching and hearing her reactions is delightful. The other two enjoy themselves too, but their reactions are a bit more subdued. This is a random picture of her clearing the weed debris out of our poor, forsaken garden. She was covered in mud when she finished.
3. This last Saturday, I had a baby shower, Harper had her first race for cross country, and Hudson had a soccer gamer--ALL IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF TOWN AT THE SAME TIME. I said yes to all the bests and put around 150 miles on the car criss-crossing the greater Houston metro area. Also my phone died right after I started off on my trek, and I did not have a functioning charger. (actually it turned out I DID have one, but did not realize it, which the husband was able to prove as soon as I arrived home). Driving to places you've never been before without your google maps is HARROWING. Anyway, Harper and I made it to the soccer game 5 minutes after it ended, and the husband and Hudson and Helena had just driven off. Which means I don't even get CREDIT.
4. Harper loves cross country. Our school lets the 5th graders run, and she is working so hard. The course on Saturday was hilly, which she was not used to, but she ran like a champ. I confess that I teared up when she loped past me with her goofy self-cooling towel wrapped around her head like Erykah Badu.
5. Hudson is also loving soccer. His team is now 0-3, and they've yet to even score a goal, but he
doesn't seem to mind.
6. Helena lost a tooth last week. She pulled it out herself one early morning before a campus day. She came into the kitchen weeping, because that is her go-to response to blood and/or unexpected events. In this picture she had lined up her babies, and they were labeled "3 months, 4 months, 5 months,6 months, 7 months,8 months."
8. And a few bird watercolors Harper has painted lately:

1 comment:
So good, Patti. Thank you.
Post a Comment