Here are three books I read this week:
1. The Trojan War by Olivia Coolidge (Harper is reading it for school)
2. His Name Was Raoul Wallenberg: Courage, Rescue, and Mystery During WWII by Louise Borden (I first learned about Wallenberg when I lived in Hungary. This is a beautiful homage, and everything a biography for kids ought to be.)
3. Nory Ryan's Song by Patricia Reilly Giff (Harper read this with her book club. It's a novel, based on real people, set during the Irish Potato Famine. It was devastating, but so wonderful. I haven't cried so much since I finished A Single Shard a few months ago.)
Sasha kept photo bombing, so I took a few pictures of her. I have a little shadow who goes in and out with me. What can be the use of her is more than I can see.
One morning, Helena looked out the window, and this jeweled beauty was hanging from our little maple tree. Today, I saw that a new picture book biography of E.B. White has just been published! Title: Some Writer! A Story of E.B. White--isn't that perfect? I can't wait to read it.
Here we are in Colorado. I kind of wish we were back there right now. It is supposed to be 92 degrees here today. I started a Couch to 5K program this morning. My face got very red. I don't like to run, but the cross country team invites parents and siblings to run 5K races with them in the spring, and I decided it might be nice to at least TRY.

No comments:
Post a Comment