Monday, October 10, 2016

Random picture Monday




Last month, some friends from church had a big garage sale to raise money for their adoption. I decided to give them some of the baby things I had stored in a closet. This baby papasan held all three of my tiny babies. So, naturally, I made them all get in it and we gave it a grand send-off. This obviously a coping strategy for me, because what I really wanted to do was weep and weep and compose a Jeremiad about how quickly go the years.

We had another busy Saturday, and yet again my phone died right when I desperately needed directions. This time I actually had a charger, but the phone refused to charge. It was an utter blackout. For 40 minutes. Then finally, after I had TOTALLY lost my bearings and every last ounce of my cool, we miraculously found the park where the cross country race was held, found a parking place on a side street around a mile away, and as I was turning the car off, my phone suddenly made a little PING! and started charging. It was ridiculous. It was a test, and I failed miserably. I had to ask forgiveness from God, and Harper, and Helena. I even had a real map in the car this time, but the park was not on the map, and also I had forgotten my glasses. The husband is threatening to buy me a new phone, but I think it's not the phone, it is obviously The Ghost in the Machine. The Matrix has chosen me as Its Job.

I got a few pictures of Harper at her race. She tried a new configuration of the cooling towel this week:




On Saturday night, she had a murder mystery birthday party. Her character was Albia Tytis (that would be the Latin name for 'barn owl'), internationally renowned ornithologist and conservationist. She had a wonderful time, and I am in awe of my friend Natasha, who planned and executed such an amazing party. Although seeing these 5th grade girls all gussied up took my breath away. It was a glimpse into the not too distant future.



No comments: