We put together some costumes from the dress-up bin and headed to a church for their Reformation Day celebration. Okay, maybe that isn't exactly how they billed it. Anyway, the kids looked cute (Harper is a cowgirl, or maybe Annie Oakley, Hudson is Luke Skywalker, and Helena is a snow princess) and I didn't have to answer the door for any teenagers in inappropriate or terrifying costumes. I also didn't have to give away any of the naturally flavored, organic, fairly traded lollipops I bought at Whole Foods (after reading that article about where most of our chocolate comes from) which means more for us!
On Monday we made the yearly pilgrimage out to Dewberry Farm and the kids had their usual great time. I also continued my tradition of not managing to get a single good photo. Alas, I will post them anyway. During the hayride, some of the kids broke out into one of the songs from our history memory work. I don't know if the guy driving the tractor understood that they were singing, "TAXES, SLAVERY, UNEMPLOYMENT AND DISEASES ALL CONTRIBUTED TO THE FALL OF ROME!!" but if he did, I am certain he now has another priceless anecdote to file under Bizarre Behavior of Homeschooled Kids.

2 comments:
Too funny about the hayride song. I want to sign up for CC just for the history aspect of it. For ME! :)
And I was glad for our weekly kids' choir class last night because it gave me a good excuse to skip out of opening the door to lots of little (and big) neighborhood hobgoblins all evening. Your "Reformation Day" costumes look fab!
Love the costumes!
I've texted a couple of times,but haven't heard from you. Maybe you've changed your number? Anyways, happy belated bday to you. I saw your mom at Central 100 Celebration. Such fun!
Korban has a thank you note for you and Mr., but it was returned. Inbox me via FB your address and we'll try again.
Maybe we can do a get together over Thanksgiving while in PN?
Carrie
Post a Comment