
Hudson pronounces 'unicorn' like "yearn a kern." This morning at breakfast, Helena asked for some "Buhnola" and Hudson said, "No Helena, it is NOT BUHnola, it is "gruh-NER-la," and I laugh to myself about all of the pots and kettles calling one another black around here.
Harper and Hudson got their orange belts at their last Taekwondo class on Friday. They had to break a board using a heel kick, and I was a little worried Hudson's whopping 35.5 pounds might not be quite enough to do it.

He got it on the second try, thankfully, and I was so excited I ended up videotaping the floor of the gym instead of the actual board breaking. I was trying to take video for the Daddy and also pictures, which means that both turned out pretty terrible. But when has that ever stopped me. The kid standing between Harper and Hudson is their mutual hero. He's been in Taekwondo for awhile, and earned a blue belt.

Here's the class with the very patient Coach J:
Then we got home and Hudson decided to do a skills demonstration in the driveway, while Harper decided to cut the grass with her pink utility knife:




1 comment:
Wow - I'm super impressed about this. I know nothing about the finer martial arts, and suspect my daughters secretly want to do this. Perhaps I'll offer the chance at a class soon. Thought the kicking pictures of Hudson at the end were mighty nice.
Post a Comment