Well, the world may not have ended yesterday, but this happened:
Yes. That is our dog. WEARING CLOTHES. Maybe you will remember this post, in which I excoriated the kind of people who dress their animals in clothes and otherwise treat them as human beings. Oh, how far have I fallen.
I was just tired of Sasha and her shivering. Chihuahuas tend to be nervous anyway, so when the ambient temperature drops below around 74 degrees, they are nervous AND they shiver from the freezing temperatures. The choices were either A. Send her back to Mexico, where she clearly belongs, or B. Buy some sort of warming garment, even though she has her very own BUILT IN fur coat.
I also needed to get her claws clipped because it had not been done in over a year and she looked like Edward Scissordog. It cost $19 to get her claws clipped and only $5 for the fleece jacket. The kids really wanted to get her all sorts of Christmas treats at Petsmart and I told them that living with us and sleeping in my bed are more treats Sasha deserves.
To refresh your memory, we did not choose Sasha, she chose us.
Which means she is a Calvinist.
That will be all. A wonderful Christmas awaits. God with us! Isn't that something??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, Patti. The next thing we know she'll be sporting a reversible Santa/elf costume like Gracie and have a more expansive wardrobe than most third world children!!! Thankfully, there is Grace. As she has prospered, I suspect that Sasha, too, is one of the chosen.
love your post as always! You are such fun!!! Don;t worry keep loving that little creature! - Here in Uk I have seen some strange happenings....did you know that here pets wonder around shops and buy their owners amazing things?!:) Yeah intelligent creatures isn't it? They also send cards (no they go to card shops choose wisely amazingly well written cards, then they use all skills learnt at dog school )and scribble more beautifully and spell better than their owners some fabulous heart felt words on these well chosen cards...and send them yes, post them to their owners.
most houses I go to with the boys I keep showing them these super dooper clever creatures that indeed put us to shame...us human kind. The presents they also give their owners are so well chosen...one that I know has gone all the way to Harrods in London (on public transport) to buy shortbread for the precious tea time of their owner?! Now that my friend is worthy of every mentioning and praise....indeed those kids that starve in Africa, or the families of those Nigerian christians killed on Christmas Eve cant even come close. As Jo says thank God for GRACE.
Both of my boys would like a dog and they would happily learn and go to school with it I am sure they would also happily take the dog;s lead through London to buy presents to themselves in shops like say HAMLEYS:)))
XXM
This is so funny, I made my husband read it. We both laughed aloud. Merry Christmas, Patti!
The picture just makes me laugh. Poor little shivering, but now orange-clothed dog.
Post a Comment