Helena has been taking more pictures than I have. If she sees me with my camera, she runs inside to get the old one and clicks away. She has no idea it doesn't have a memory card.
I was reading on the couch with Harper and Hudson a couple of days ago (the James Herriot treasury we got for Christmas which we all LOVE) and Hudson noticed a ladybug on the window. I captured him in a paper cup and we took him outside and set him free, after a minute or so of excited observation, which I am 100% certain we enjoyed WAY more than the poor ladybug. He (because my kids are convinced that all insects and animals, stuffed or otherwise, are male. I don't know why) flew very high when we released him, hopefully to a land rich in aphids and not inquisitive children.
Harper still has a bit of a lisp (and her first loose tooth is not helping at all) and one day she said the dooziest sentence EVER to exploit a lisp. Sasha was barking like an insane feral rabid beast at the mail lady and Harper said, "Oh Sasha. She is not a solicitor." Go ahead and say it with a lisp and giggle to yourself.
We were on our way to meet the Rives at the zoo this morning and Harper asked if everyone in America has a computer. I said that the percentage was probably pretty high. She then said, "Not in the WORLD though." and I agreed and reminded her how rich we are here in America. How most of us have what we need and lots of things we want, at which point she started making a list, "like computers and t.v.s and TOYS," and Helena piped in, "And pinky toes!" We all giggled. Who doesn't want a pinky toe after all?
My stack of Albert Schweitzer books still sits on my shelf, untouched. Does anyone know David McCullough or Eric Metaxas personally? Because if you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd ask them to write a Schweitzer biography for me that doesn't have sentences like, "Whereas in its investigation of the sources critical theology tended more and more to place the onus of historical proof on each pericope, Schweitzer reversed the process." T'aint no way my addled brain can consume that at the end of a long day.
This morning Hudson issued this actual complaint: "WHY did you MAKE me eat PANCAKES first when I wanted cereal???" Do anyone else's children traffic in such ingratitude? It makes me want to feed him rocks and mud. While smiling.
I suppose that needs to be all for today. The kitchen is a disaster, etc. Here's a cute picture to close (notice Hudson's slight lean away):

No comments:
Post a Comment