Thursday, March 31, 2011

Super heroic

When Grandmother Pate came to see us a few weeks ago, she brought some surprises. Chief among them:



My favorite thing is when he imagines scenarios in which he is wearing the costume and happens to run into someone he hasn't seen in awhile. It goes like this:

Hudson: I walk in and see Grandfather Pate and he says (voice full of wonderment, amazement, awe) "Is THAT BATMAN???" And then I say. "YES, I AM Batman!" and then Grandfather Pate says, "I didn't know Batman WAS here and can I see his Batman Motorcycle?" and then I say, "Sure!" and I show it to him. Does Batman have knives?

me: I don't know for sure, but probably. I know he has lots of gear and cool stuff.

Hudson: Does Batman have lots of guns?

me: Oh, probably. I know he has a nifty car and there's probably a gun on there somewhere.

Hudson: Does he SHOOT the bats?

me: Well, no. He kind of ACTS like a bat, I guess. (I see him pondering this because the only bats he knows about are the tiny ones at the zoo that hang upside down and occasionally fly over to nibble on bits of cantaloupe that hang from a rope in their habitat.)

Hudson: Here's what Batman does: he shoots his gun and cuts things down with his knife.

Ok, then. If anyone needs any of that done around their house, you should definitely let Batman know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some pretty awesome pictures of your little Hudman. It was good to see y'all today!

Robin said...

All the pictures are great, but the second one? Love it.