Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Backyard Bible Club

Harper was relaxing in the hammock while the other two napped today. I was sitting on the couch reading and watching her through the window. She began to gesture madly, yelling, "Mommy COME HERE! There is SOMETHING!" So I rush out to see the Something, and I see Sasha under the hammock eating the Something, which, it turns out, is her own vomit. "There was NOTHING THERE and then there WAS SOMETHING and now Sasha is EATING IT MOMMY!!" "Yes", I said, "she has thrown up and she is now eating it. It is disgusting, and it is what dogs tend to do." It was a very teachable moment but I was feeling a little too queasy to intone the Proverbs, so I came back inside.

Tomorrow is Hudson's last day as a three year old. How is that even possible?

1 comment:

Davene Grace said...

What? You missed that opportunity to teach that proverb? I'm shocked! ;-) Actually, I'm completely grossed-out...and very grateful that our three dogs live in our pasture and I never have to see such moments up close and personal!

Happy birthday to Hudson!!