Monday, October 4, 2010

no more Shakespeare

A sampling of dialogue from our house this week:

Hudson: Harper! You are NOT having your next BIRTHDAY!!!

Harper: Hudson! If you say that again, you are not INVITED!!!

************************************************************************************


Hudson: Um, yes, princesses CAN be super readers (by which he actually means 'super heroes'). And well, Spiderman, he...kills spiders.

Harper: No. He does whatever a spider CAN. So he does not kill spiders. He watches them. To see what they do.

*************************************************************************************


Hudson: Mommy! Harper (it's pronounced 'Hoppuh') is not being kind to me.

me: Well, what should you do?

Hudson: Compwain?

me: Well, no. I think you should probably just ignore her and go play.

Hudson: (invoking an extremely forlorn tone) I think Hoppuh is being mean to me because I am a Noe-nee Boy (this is a name Harper created back when I told her she could no longer tell Hudson 'no'. She started saying Noe-nee Boy. Sometimes it's almost a term of endearment. Other times it is not.)

**********************************************************************************


Harper: What are you doing?

Hudson: Smelling my socks.

Harper: Do they smell DISGUSTING?

Hudson: Yes!


Also, there was another Big Kid camping trip with the Daddy:


And we went to our first Astros game:


The weather here is perfection. We welcome you with love, O Autumn!

2 comments:

Maria Smith said...

What a cool mum what a cool dad what cool family!:)) love the dialogues!:)))

Patti said...

Thanks Maria!