Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Twelfth Night, or As You Will



Harper has, to this point, rarely had strong opinions about her clothes, but that has begun to change. She has begun to change, in fact, several times a day, to the point that I've had to reprimand her because the laundry, it overwhelms. She was so excited about the Arrival of Fall that she dug around in her closet until she found a garbage bag full of fall and winter clothes from last year, which she greeted like long lost friends who are all just a touch short in the stride. She has been wearing them, ninety degree weather notwithstanding. Here are some samples of her burgeoning sartorial sensibility. Be forewarned that she is bold in her assertion that polka dots and stripes can, and definitely should, be worn in perfect harmony. And that floral gardening gloves are a perfect accessory:
A little Degas pose, a kicky knee sock, a little sister wielding a tiny plastic container:


Knee socks are factoring large in her overall look. We found some cute ones on sale at Target that are conveniently polka dotted and striped.

In completely unrelated news, I've had four friends have babies in the last couple of weeks. Everett, Clayton, Lauren, and Crowley...you are a beloved bunch. The miracle that is a newborn baby gets me every single time.

3 comments:

Maria Smith said...

HI Patti! I love your Harper! Love love her sense of adventure! Some people here in Uk have gone fashion mad so much so that the other day while shopping in ASDA I saw 3 ladies in their pijamas shopping ah and they were wearing dressing gowns on top and very fluffy slipers. I have seen it before but asumed they were from the nearbye hospital until it struck me its the new trend....feeling laungeingish apparently!! Still love to you all...lovely to read your posts you always make me smile....there is love in the lines and a lot of good humour!:) THanks.
MXXX

Margie said...

Love the new looks Harper's sporting. Fall does bring out the desire for the old/new; even I've been hoping it would hurry along so I could wear long-sleeved shirts for once instead of the (yawn) short-sleeves. Summer wears out its welcome every year. I so get her excitedness.

I would love to send you some fall cards. Please email me at margiebmiller@gmail.com and I'll get them off to you.

I'm late responding to your request, by the way, since I've been out of town and computer-less. It's been nice being disconnected from cyberspace for a while. But it's time to jump back in, I suppose.

Stephanie said...

One should wear knee socks until you can no longer get away with it. I've been seeing a trend of hoisery type knee socks that stop above the knee with skirts on adults. She's way ahead of the curve. And the garden gloves are an original first!