Sunday, January 3, 2010

Eleven months


The sweet baby girl got her own swing on the swingset as a Christmas present. My theory is that she'd probably sway in there for 4-5 hours as long as the other two were swirling around her doing big kid stuff and keeping her generally entertained. She slept almost 14 hours last night, THEN took a FOUR hour nap today. Have I mentioned how thankful I am that once my kids get the sleeping thing down, they are really, really good at it? SOO thankful. She is still a tiny little wisp of a girl, but I got on the scale with her yesterday and she's up to around 16 pounds. She's wearing 6-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers. She likes to eat sweet potatoes and peas and oatmeal. Still toothless. She's been doing lots of this:
The fact that she is wearing clothes in any of these pictures is astonishing because getting clothes on her is still near impossible. I have to put her in this modified wrestling hold just to get her dressed. This is displeasing to her. Footy pajamas with lots of snaps are especially vexing.

Her hair is starting to look a little wavy in the back, which I predict means she's going to join the brother and sister in curliness.

That's enough for now. I got to go to a movie with my friend Wendy tonight. Delightful company, thought-provoking film. Now I am sleepy.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What did you see?

Chrys and Mike said...

She's a doll! I love that she sleeps so well for you. These third babies have to be flexible and laid back, don't they?

Chrys

Margie said...

Eleven months already? Wow. That's really hard to believe.

I wish I could see a movie with Wendy. The last one we saw was before E was born and it was Really, Really Terrible. See if she remembers.

Davene said...

I'll admit to being slightly jealous about the sleeping thing. I thought my boys fit into that category of being very, very good sleepers...but for the past month, Shav has been determined to prove me wrong. And that's after he started sleeping through the night at two months, and I thought we were home free. I really dislike sleep deprivation, especially when I'm not expecting it. Sigh...

I am, however, very happy for you!