Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ten for Tuesday

1. I realized today that I do not like 3/4 length sleeves. They are too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. I actually put on a new t-shirt today that I thought was long sleeved, only to realize that the lower quarter of my forearms were going to spend the day cold. And, even under a sweater, they did.

2. In the past week, approximately 5 different people have made comments about my 3 daughters. Maybe the Hudson boy needs another haircut?

3. Of all the toys the kids acquired for Christmas, these Valtech magnetic building tiles are probably my favorite. They are expensive, but I can actually see them playing with them until they are teenagers. And they'll be good for teaching geometry.
4. Harper has decided the words 'bathing suit' are the two most hilarious words ever spoken and she repeats them in a silly voice approximately 537 times per hour.

5. She has a new ballerina bathing suit that has a tutu attached and she wears it all day long with a pair of flannel pj pants for warmth and some plastic princess shoes for added pizzazz.

6. While Hudson clomps around in his new fireman rain boots and Mater underpants.

7. We paid $8 (even with a membership, sigh) to go into the butterfly atrium at the museum yesterday, and Harper and Hudson spent 90% of their time splashing in these two small puddles on the walkway and ignoring the butterflies.

8. Hudson's favorite book this week is The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree. Harper's been enjoying Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy by David Soman and Jacky Davis, and I Dreamed I Was a Ballerina by Anna Pavlova with Degas illustrations.

9. I read an Annie Proulx short story before bed last night and didn't understand the ending at all. That's frustrating to me. I don't usually like short stories but I try to keep some handy for bedtime.

10. Harper fell and bumped her head pretty hard on the bookshelf day before yesterday and this is how the husband tended to her:Because nothing says first aid for a moderate head wound like a bag of frozen organic corn and a pink blanket turban.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ooooh, I want to play with those magnetic tiles!

Patti said...

They ARE extremely cool.