Saturday, December 13, 2008

What Child is This

We were out for a little walk and Harper walked over to some stairs, sat on the bottom one, and attempted a forlorn expression.
me: What are you doing, Harper?
she: I'm not Harper. I'm another little girl just sitting on the steps waiting for my Mommy to get home from work.
Ah, yes. That green, green grass on the other side of the fence.

When I went to get Hudson up from his nap this afternoon he was all smiley and he proclaimed, with exuberance, "PUPPIES!" then, "DADDY!" which about sums up the two joys of his life these days.

Do you think it's unrealistic of me to think that the kids will use the play kitchen they are getting for Christmas to actually begin preparing their own food?

5 comments:

Ken said...

Just so you're prepared: that green, green grass stays for a long, long time. Last year, Korban told me he wanted me to work full time at an office job so we would have lots of money and could do all the things his friends do (on a side note: most of his friends' moms work at the school w/ me to afford the tuition just like we do!). I gently pointed out to him that if I were working an office job, my summers would not be off which would mean no mom to drive around town and swim at Baylor's pool or the Y. And, he would be spending everyday at some sort of summer camp so I could work. So, there would be mo sleeping in, no friends spend the night, etc. I also pointed out that he would be in afterschool care everyday until 5 or later and there would be no drum lessons or team practices since I wouldn't be able to get him there.

Of course, I think he was paying more attention to the steam coming out of my ears to listen to what I was saying. : )

Jamie said...

I've lost to puppies and daddy many times. I feel your pain.

Robin said...

I just finished up book two. The next two books will have to wait until after Christmas I guess. The author really has that teenage angst stuff down. It feels like being back in high school again.

Robin said...

Also, I'm curious to know what your husband thinks of them. I semi talk to my husband about the books I'm reading (especially ones I really like), and he totally think I'm weird for this one.

Patti said...

Did you also remind Korban that in just a few short years he can have his very own office job which will allow him to have his very own piles of money?

Robin, I'll let the husband leave his own comment so I don't misrepresent his opinion. I broke down and bought #3 at Target last night.