
Hudson noticed that he had not been featured in a long while. His hair grows increasingly fluffy. We have a new computer and while it is so fast and efficient it makes me almost dizzy, it changed the way I find pictures and we all know that Learning New Computer Skills is not a strength of mine. Along with his tricycle attempts, Hudson has also developed a deep and almost primal need. To Dance. Christmas carols, the Nutcracker, the theme song to "Blue's Clues", Daddy on the guitar--he finds them all irresistible. He takes it extremely seriously. His particular choreography involves very deep knee bending, stomping, an occasional stomp/spin combination move and a grimace. He would prefer that you not watch him and if he catches you enjoying his stylings, he will push out his bottom lip, take a final, almost careless stomp, and cease.
Yesterday morning I looked at my two kids enjoying breakfast in their footy pajamas and it seems as though it is all a dream, this sweet life.
Today we went to visit the horses at the Houston Police Department stables. They were a lively bunch and Mrs. B and I made the decision that the carrots and apples we brought were best handed to the friendly beasts via our hands and not the four other eager sets of tiny hands we had brought along. We assured the kids that tossing carrots into the corral and putting pieces of apple into the feeding buckets was equally as fun as having the horses snatch them directly from their hands. Harper decided on the way home that when she gets to be six she will be able to hold her fingers still even if there is a horse tickling her palm with his big horsey mouth.
3 comments:
Beautiful middle paragraph. Catches at my heart.
I love how goal-oriented Harper is.
And I agree with you--footie p.j.'s do have a very heart-warming effect.
"Yesterday morning I looked at my two kids enjoying breakfast in their footy pajamas and it seems as though it is all a dream, this sweet life."
I teared up when I read it. Because? I. Know. Exactly. What. You. Mean.
Exactly.
Wow.
Chrys
Post a Comment