Is a Christmas song that should have stayed in Amy Grant's living room, where I'm assuming it originated. It's just silly. Two different radio stations in Houston are playing all Christmas music, all the time, and this means every vanity Christmas song ever written gets airplay. I don't like songs that try to speculate about how Joseph or Mary or Jesus or the sheep or the manger might have felt about the whole God intersecting time and space thing. Unless your name is Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, AND you were divinely inspired 2,000 years ago, keep your musings in your journal and don't try to set them to a jazzy beat.
For the third time in 4 1/2 years of marriage, we again have a baby crib in our bedroom. There isn't room in the closet this time. The husband is a magician when it comes to arranging furniture.
For the first time in 4 1/2 years of marriage, we have a Christmas tree. It's little and has white lights. The ornamentation is a work in progress. I find myself greatly inspired by the Jesse Tree over at Chrys and Mike's blog. A project for next year, hopefully.
Here is the baby boy, who has no idea what that nice, expanding perch on my tummy is going to mean for him in seven weeks.
3 comments:
I like the songs that talk about how much we must be worth if God came down to us. I think God's zeal for His own glory might have something to do with it, but I'll go back and check my facts.
Cute picture, by the way! I think Harper, Hudson and Hu-LANE-a will all hit it off famously.
I think a lot of A. Grant's songs are silly, Christmas or not. Consider the line, "It takes a little time to turn the Titanic around...Baby, we're not going down." As if it made it to the New York harbor after all. I'm envious of Chrys and Mike's lovely Jesse Tree ornaments and, by all appearances, smooth-sailing daily project. This new-this-year practice is barely hanging on by a thread at our house. The ornaments were homemade as a Sunday School project, the small tree in E's room keeps falling over, and Sarah has already demolished several of the ornaments. Love the thought of a crib in the room.
Oh, I am so excited for you. There is nothing in the world like the anticipation of a new baby. What a joy!
I'm so glad you're inspired by our Jesse Tree. It isn't perfect but it has been great and I'm looking forward to doing it year after year. We didn't even put up our "big" tree or really decorate for Christmas this year. The Jesse Tree has been plenty. We've enjoyed simplifying and concentrating on this tradition this year.
Chrys
Post a Comment