Wednesday, December 17, 2008
God rest ye..
Merry and Kathy and Brenda and Laura and Wendy and Priscilla. These are the lovely, wise ladies in my Bible study group. Last night they not only provided me with a wonderful evening of scintillating conversation around a beautifully set table replete with delicious food, but those rapscallions actually turned a secret Santa exchange into an excuse to shower me with diapers and other gifts for our coming child. It was all very sneaky and hilarious. They had me convinced that I had missed the email about the secret Santa business and while I was in the bathroom contemplating how much of a heel I was going to feel like as they all exchanged their scented candles and giant Toblerones, they waited with their cameras and their enormous bounty of diapers for me to emerge. It was like an extremely generous pack of paparazzi. It was splendid. I feel blessed beyond measure to know each of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It sounds wonderful. And I know two of those ladies. How lucky you are to be with them.
Post a Comment