
I teared up when I saw Harper coming into the home stretch holding hands with the friend she has consistently run with in practice all year. They stayed together the entire race. Harper is so independent, sometimes to a fault, so this show of teamwork and mindfulness of the needs of others was beautiful to me.

Her beloved 3rd grade teacher, and current art teacher, Ms. Pf, dressed up as Stupendous Man from Calvin & Hobbes to honor the Super Hero race theme. We are so thankful for her.

Harper had her Science Fair on Monday. Her hypothesis was that male parakeets solve problems faster than female parakeets. She worked really hard (as did Hobbes, who proved her hypothesis correct) on her research, her written report, and her board. Other than a few minutes spent showing her how to use Word to type her report, I was completely uninvolved. I was so impressed with all of the experiments, and amazed at how much these fifth graders have grown, both physically and academically, this year.
Now I need to go to the grocery store. My days alone are waning fast.


No comments:
Post a Comment