Note: while I was deciding which pictures to post, I forgot I was also making rice for dinner. I kept smelling something, and kept blaming it on the dog, who was sitting behind me in my chair. While it is true that she sometimes emits Odours Unsavoury, she hasn't really ever smelled like burned-to-a-black-crisp rice. My brain finally made the actual connection, I ran to the kitchen, grabbed the pot from the stove, and put it out on the patio, where it likely continued to burn because it was 104 degrees outside. Then I came back in and noticed all three kids were sitting on the couch. "Did no one SMELL that?" I asked. "Well," said Harper, "I DID smell something, but I knew you were making dinner and just thought that was how it was supposed to smell." My cooking skills continue to be the stuff of culinary legend, obviously.
Saturday, August 6, 2016
Colorado 2016: the rock climbing
Note: while I was deciding which pictures to post, I forgot I was also making rice for dinner. I kept smelling something, and kept blaming it on the dog, who was sitting behind me in my chair. While it is true that she sometimes emits Odours Unsavoury, she hasn't really ever smelled like burned-to-a-black-crisp rice. My brain finally made the actual connection, I ran to the kitchen, grabbed the pot from the stove, and put it out on the patio, where it likely continued to burn because it was 104 degrees outside. Then I came back in and noticed all three kids were sitting on the couch. "Did no one SMELL that?" I asked. "Well," said Harper, "I DID smell something, but I knew you were making dinner and just thought that was how it was supposed to smell." My cooking skills continue to be the stuff of culinary legend, obviously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment