Wednesday, March 9, 2016

He is 40.

On this day in 1976, my dear husband was born. I was five at the time, and doubtless would have found him adorable.

I made a cake and there was apparently an earthquake while I went to pick the kids up from school. We got home to continental SHIFT. It did still taste okay. Is it a Y? The Ganges delta?

 He is the dear one with whom I get to navigate the fault lines. Isn't that a gift?






The kids all spent their own money to buy him presents at Gander Mountain. Harper got him a utility knife sort of thing to put on his keychain, Hudson got him a folding knife ($32!!! of his own money!),  Helena got him a box of Tic-Tacs (he LOVES them, she said firmly), and I got him some throwing knives to replace the ones he lost on our last camping trip. So, it was a Weapons-Intensive Birthday. You never know what a new decade might bring.

We are thankful he is ours.

No comments: