She got this butterfly habitat for Christmas and I finally remembered to order the caterpillars. They promptly and magically wove their chrysalises, then a few days later, we all loved the brief delight of having fluttering Painted Ladies as pets. We decided to release them at our neighborhood park, and though the girls had real expectations that the butterflies would land on them and perhaps respond to some verbal commands, it only took about 5 seconds for all 8 of them to fly away.
Monday, October 12, 2015
Learning to ride.
Helena warms to the inevitable. The reading is coming along nicely, and though the shoes remain untied (by her), LO, if she didn't decide to ride her bike a few weeks ago! I had sent the kids out front while I got dinner started and a few minutes later, Harper came bursting in, announcing that SHE had just taught Helena to ride her bike. Sure enough, I went outside and there she was. Perhaps if you have been paying attention, you will realize the real miracle here is that Harper had a role in this. The husband has since aired up the tires on my bike, and we are now partaking in Family Bike Rides, something that hasn't happened since Helena outgrew the little ride-on bike seat 3 years ago. It is wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment