"Um..Twenty-four?" (me: Tell me what YOU think--is that what you think?) I see the moon!"
2. Yes, I also see the moon. Should we move inside, maybe? No? Okay, next question: If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
"I would hide from monsters and the princesses and the queens would save me from the monsters."
3. What is something that makes our family special?
"Stories with Grandmother and Grandfather."
4. Are you a good friend?
"Yes. Friends play with my Playmobil set and put my costumes on."
5. How would the world be different if animals could talk?
"I see an airplane! I want to watch it. (lots of silliness ensues here) (me: Okay, what animals would you want to talk TO?) A pig and a deer. A turtle and a frog."
6. What is the best thing about being a kid? The worst thing?
"Being princesses with Hannah and Rachel. I like everyone in the world. (me: and the worst thing?) Being in your pocket because it is too dark. I don't want to go in your pocket. It is too noisy.." (at this point we had to stop the interview and move inside because the big kids were laughing uproariously at her answers which was causing her to totally lose focus.)
7. Where is your favorite place in the world?
"The butterfly museum. Because it has butterflies in it and those are my favorite animals. And pigs.."
8. If you could give one present to every child in the world, what would it be?
"A Star Wars movie to Hudson. Um, a doughnut! A toy doughnut with a kid. I will give them a Lego Jesus. Jesus likes playing with Legos. (me: Does Jesus like Legos? I did not know that.) He told me. He is far away."
9. What are 5 words that describe you?
I like princesses and I look like a princess. Curly hair, blue eyes. I like princesses.
10. If you could invent something, what would it be?
"A princess. It would be a princess. Now can I watch it?"
11. If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow, what would it be?
"I don't know. Your rules and Daddy's rules."
12. What is your favorite:
--Color? purple and pink
--Smell? roses
--Food? pasta
--Book? princesses books, ballet books
--Activity? play with my Playmobil
--Sound? Luke and Princess Leia sounds
--Animal? Pigs and seals
13. What does Daddy like to do?
"Play with Legos and watch Mario."
14. What does Mommy like to do?
"Do schoolwork and read books and watch t.v. and read the newspaper like Han Solo. And drink coffee.."
15. What is your favorite thing to play with?
"My ballet (buh-way) doll."
16. What do you MOST want to do?
Watch t.v. and listen to music and play and have my lunch..
17. What would you like to write a book about?
"Maybe write a princess book to you and Han Solo.."
18. What is your favorite thing to wear?
"My yellow dress with that strawberry shirt. And my heart shirt!"
19. Describe what you look like:
"Um, a flower? Orange hair? Golden hair? Curly hair. Tall? Blue eyes?"
20. What are you looking forward to this year?
"Camping, I guess?" (Daddy was standing behind me feeding her this answer.)

3 comments:
I don't know if I've ever told you before, but I love--seriously LOVE--the interviews you do with your kids. I need to follow your example with this.
Thank you for taking the time to record these fleeting moments! :)
Oh I love this! Your interviews truly are the best -- an insight into your children's bright imaginations and life with you.
Oh, this is so wonderful! You captured her. The way she pronounces buh-way. And I notice she's far more interested in princesses than Harper ever was; it's the reverse for the girls. Older-yes; younger-not so much.
Post a Comment