And one month. But the reason I haven't been able to blog is because I wanted to post her birthday interview before I did anything else. Then there were technology complications. And so now she is practically five but I will post this remembrance of four anyway.
This little lady is a delight about 95% of the time. She wakes up early, gets dressed in ensembles that are sometimes really cute, and sometimes not.
She is a little wisp of a girl--just 32 pounds. I don't know her height, but people comment that she is tall. Then they comment about her hair.
She still takes a 2-3 hour nap each afternoon, though lately she wakes up cranky and clingy and sometimes she will burst into tears if, for example, I tell her I won't be able to sit in the rocking chair and hold her for 30 minutes while she sorts herself out because I need to get dinner started or fold a load of clothes. I believe this was taken post-nap. I call it "Surly Fairy":
Her favorite book is probably this really beautiful, origami pop-up book of The Twelve Days of Christmas. We just read it tonight and she can sing the entire thing. The eleven dancing ladies in a music box are her favorite.
At the rodeo last week, she repeatedly (and loudly) asked if a man next to us had a baby in his tummy. She also loved climbing on the tractors and petting the baby goats and llamas and lambs.
Things are gradually getting better in her relationship with the big kids. I think in another 6 months there will be great harmony. And less tattling and bursting into tears over light sabers etc. I will confess that there is usually one moment of extreme discord each day in which I consider getting a light saber myself and just taking them all out in one fell swoop. The Darth Vader Defense, I'll call it.
I think the interview will have to wait until tomorrow because I need to transcribe it from the video camera and 'tis late..

3 comments:
Precious girl! How did time fly so fast? Love the dress-ups and ballet :-) I like the Darth Vador defense, might have to try that one myself...
I'm jealous you only want to dry the DVD once a day. I contemplate such things about 10x - but they are usually all aimed toward one particular "angel".
I CANNOT believe she is four. If asked, I would have put her at two. She is really lovely, and I am especially fond of the tutu-on-the-head look. It would inspire Degas.
Post a Comment