
I was going to write this entire post about the plagues in Exodus and how appalled I am by the Old Testament in general, but was gently reminded by my dear husband that perhaps it might be best to keep those thoughts to myself. He's right. Though poor Mrs. S got an earful at the park this morning. I have good friends who put up with me and my many eccentricities and bizarre notions. I'm thankful for that.
I think I'll do a short list of events that have transpired this week and their individual pros and cons.
1. The dog pooped in Hudson's room this morning, even though she had just come in from outside. CON. However, it has been a couple of months since this has happened. PRO. And no one stepped in it before we discovered it. PRO!
2. Monday during Hudson's nap time, he did not take a nap. CON. Then he came out and casually told me there was a lizard on his fire truck. I thought he meant a rubber lizard because we have several of those floating around at any given time. Then I went to check and it was a real lizard. I actually think lizards are kind of cute. PRO. Plus they eat roaches and mosquitoes. PRO. But it took me 20 minutes to finally catch this one (in a coffee can) and put it outside. CON. At one point, it was panting on one of the spokes of Harper's bicycle wheel, and it closed its eyes and seemed to be so exhausted. So I explained to him that it was important that he let me transport him outside because I did not want to find his tiny lizard carcass in Hudson's closet two months from now. He then tried to tell me something about how he had seen plenty of bugs to eat in Hudson's closet and I said, "LA LA LA LA!" and he closed his eyes again and let me scoop him into the coffee can. Also, during the Great Lizard Chase, Helena was busy filling up her nap diaper with something very foul, that would, perhaps, have ended up in the toilet if I had not been chasing a lizard. CON.
3. I am almost finished reading Jane Eyre. PRO and CON. I am really enjoying it, so much more than I did the first time I read it, and I don't want it to end. Even though I remember exactly how it ends. With the Brontes, happy ending is a relative term.
4. Everyone got a treat when Helena was finally successful in her excretory endeavor of the secondary kind on the toilet. PRO. We were at the Bass Pro Shop when she decided to perform. CON.
5. Hudson was doing some sort of Spiderman Activity on the back of the couch Monday when he slipped and slammed his chin down and bit his tongue really hard. There was lots of blood in his mouth. When he saw it, he started screaming and generally lost all control of his senses. CON, CON, and CON. Then he finally recovered, strapped on his guns and knives, and headed outside to climb the crepe myrtle. PRO.
6. I'm still working with the camera. Helena is, by far, the easiest to photograph. I can't really figure out why, when generally she moves the quickest.
7. The kids are learning to read music and play songs on their penny whistles for our fine arts component. PRO. The kids are learning to read music and play songs on their penny whistles for their fine arts component. CON.

2 comments:
Your sweet, adventurous Hudson reminds me of my Colby. He's 8 and 1/2 now. He straps on all kinds of weapons and climbs trees as well. He climbs a tad too high for me at times, but he comes by this love of trees through his mother's side.
You know I love this one! It made me laugh again. EVERYTHING has the Pro/Con component. Some days, definitely more con than pro. (But other days, the other way. Those are the ones I forget.)
Post a Comment