Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week in review: Farm fun and consolation pumpkins

Well, I have eaten five doughnuts today. And not small ones. Big, frosted, sprinkled Shipley's doughnuts. About once a quarter, I will get a doughnut craving, and the husband will go out and get a dozen and he will eat two, maybe three, and I will eat the rest over the course of a couple of days. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. Because my brain is sluggish from all of the refined sugar and lard, there will be bullet points yet again.

**We had the week off from school this week. Harper read her first Magic Tree House book. The one about the Olympics in ancient Greece. She is a fan. She also would like a tree house.

**We had a mosquito infestation this week. (the rain that so blessed our drought-devastated area also seems to have awakened an entire summer's worth of mosquitoes, who, in their dormancy seem to have been Plotting Havoc upon us all). The kids, after having only a few bites all summer long, now look as though they have a pox.

**We went to Dewberry Farm this week.

**Harper has been referring to Hudson as "Huffin" this week. I think it started out as an aspersion (BABY Huffin, she would say) it now seems to be a term of endearment.

**A sweet friend who teaches with the husband invited us to a pre-Halloween costume party. The husband, who generally eschews most aspects of Halloween, had decided that we would get dressed up and go. So, we did!!

**Except that the party was on Friday at 4pm, and we arrived on Saturday at 4pm. This is right after we knocked on the door, walked around the entire complex of condos, and finally figured out what had happened:

**So, we loaded our disappointed (but not as much as I might have expected) ballerina, Batman, and Cinderella (and Bob the Builder) back into the minivan and went to the St. Luke's pumpkin patch:
Cinderella is waiting very patiently for one of those pumpkins to turn into a carriage that will take her to another family who keeps a more accurate events calendar.

Then, the camera battery died and we went to get gelato. The end.

1 comment:

Twil said...

How could the possum not make the week in review?!??!