Anyway, we went on a little vacation to the beach this week. We stayed at this perfect house:
in a little town called Surfside, south of Galveston.
We were with these friends, who so generously included us in their vacation:
The kids skittered and flitted about like sandpipers. There was digging, splashing, boogie-boarding, and general delight:
The whole time was pretty much perfection, but if I had to pick, I'd say my favorite moment was going out into the water by myself and standing about waist-deep (which I've probably not done since I was a kid, because the waters of the Gulf coast are generally a touch murky) and letting the waves pound into me--almost knocking the breath out of me numerous times--while I watched my husband and kids and dear friends and their kids all busy in their own happy pursuits. It made me feel loved with the kind of love that is vast, unmeasured, boundless, free. Yes, it did.
Hard to fathom, but true.
Thankful. Deeply, deeply thankful.

2 comments:
One of my very favorite hymns. And I have never even heard it sung by Russians, so I can only imagine.
I LOVE that family pic. Perfection.
Love the family portrait. It's one for a lifetime. The getaway sounds perfect. Perfect.
Post a Comment