Our dear, dear B's are currently driving north on I-45 following their moving truck to Dallas. I did a little math on my handy calculator (or "count-you-later" as Hudson pronounces it) and figured out that we've been playing with them at least once a week since Harper was one, which means approximately 260 play dates, give or take a month here and there to accommodate the 4 babies born along the way. That's quite an investment. So, ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, but a diminished life it will be. Here are some pictures of the crew, along with some other sweet friends who've joined us along the way:
I caught up on some recorded television the other night, including Steve Carrell's last two episodes of "The Office." I may have cried like a baby when they all sang that song from "Rent" and also when Michael went around secretly saying his good-byes, and my weeping may have a little something to do with the preceding paragraph. The husband and I started watching "The Office" on dvd when Hudson was tiny. We'd sit on the couch and watch several episodes at a time on his laptop screen, while we made sure the Hudson bear was good and asleep in his "room" (which was actually our closet) before we crept ever so quietly into bed. Sweet memories, those. Anyway, I haven't really watched for the last couple of seasons, but have been taping this year because I suppose I am drawn to endings. Apparently, I don't get enough catharsis in my real life.
My friend Wendy and I went to see "Jane Eyre" yesterday, and I enjoyed myself, because really, who doesn't enjoy a tragic love story set on the wind-swept moors?
We are on the tail end of a week of colds, which is funny because I had started a post about how we had managed to go all winter without a single illness. A couple of days later, Helena had a fever and stuffy nose, and then it worked its way through Harper, then Hudson, and now I am rather miserable. Also I can't hear, which is disabling and yet, somehow, rather pleasant.
The husband bought a grill on Saturday. Veggie burgers, turkey burgers (me), corn, red bell peppers, and zucchini, in case you are wondering:
La, la, la, la life goes on.

5 comments:
My girls love that song. And when "Hey Jude" comes on, Reed will scream (I think because it starts out slow) and one of the girls will inevitably say, "Reed, you like this song, remember it's about Judah."
Sweet post. Losing good, good friends is so hard.
So that's why you should move out here.
Are you tired of all my plugs for the burbs? I don't want to be Peter and try to discourage you from doing what God's plan is, but hey, I think y'all living out here would be fabulous so I am going to keep trying.
Losing good friends is such a hard thing. :(
I picked up Song of the Lark at the library last week and have one page so far. I'm looking forward to reading it though.
I'm guessing with the 4x/week when we both had one, it was an easy 400. I'm gonna miss you, precious Patti. I'll be feeling like Eleanor Rigby up here!
Darning your socks in night? Wait, I think that was Father MacKenzie. I thought about the days of 4Xs a week as well...those were the days.
I envy your movie watching with Wendy (heck, I envy your movie watching!), and have been humming this song ever since this post was written.
Do you see? I DO read, but usually on the run and with the intent to comment. But then I run into problems like last week and swear I will never, ever procrastinate again.
Post a Comment