I became a mother. To one Harper Anne Hinze. Here she is:
Here we are, the six year mother with her six year old GIRL:
She chose to go to the Kemah boardwalk to pet her beloved stingrays. So, that's what we did:
With the Grandparents Pate, who were exceedingly generous, flexible, and all around delightful, as usual:
They treated us to lunch, then we partook of these cookies, which I realize are so homely that I'm expecting a phone call any moment from one of those cooking shows where people compete to see who can fashion the most awkward pastries ever:
I taped a little interview with the birthday girl which I plan to transcribe and post at some point in the near future when I don't have to sit at the Starbucks across from Central Mall (where I currently sit, enjoying free wifi,a decaf beverage and some not homely pastries)to do so. I also need to get home and make sure all of the six small stuffed sea animals (yes, ANOTHER stuffed stingray has joined our family, along with 2 stuffed fish, a dolphin, a sea turtle, and an octopus) that came attached to the stuffed coral reef she got from the grandparents have all settled down and finally gone to sleep. Sea animals can be very noisy at bedtime, even when they've had a full day of birthday.
We love you deep and wide, baby girl. Slow down a little, will you?

2 comments:
Maybe she can be a Sea Dog and go to A&M at Galveston. She'd be close to home AND might get to keep a real ray for a pet. The pj's might get a bit wet...
Happy late birthday, Harper!! What a great day you had when you turned six. Six, by the way, is a really, really great age. One of the best.
Post a Comment