Friday, November 19, 2010

Dew on the berry

Let's get caught up. Last Wednesday we took the yearly pilgrimage to Dewberry Farm, where the kids had lots of fun doing things that had very little to do with actual farming. I managed to get not one good photo, but when has that stopped me from posting them?:

A large bouncy convex jumping surface (I'm sure there is a technical name for this, but what??):

These fun go-carts:



A "hay" ride, sans hay:


A "pumpkin" patch, which was really just the back 40 with some miniature pumpkins sprinkled about:

And we ended the day with the place all to ourselves after the masses of school kids left. We did the zip line around 20 times each:


We continued the Outdoor Fun with a weekend camping trip, evidence of which will appear in the next post, because while I've been typing up this masterpiece, the big kids have been performing Cirque du Soleil, Lord of the Flies edition out on the swingset, while Helena has been playing in the dog's water bowl and repeatedly dialing China on my old cell phone.

1 comment:

Margie said...

I remember writing Wendy after a visit a few years ago, and saying something like, "I must go: in the course of this letter Sarah has spilled and licked Mildred's water off the floor. It sounds like chaos, but it's not; it just takes a little getting used to." (Wendy, feel free to comment on the veracity of the quote - while I don't exactly remember what I said, I vividly recall the scene as it played out.)