Tuesday, December 15, 2009

with royal beauty bright

Well, there went my perfect attendance record. As I was going to bed last night I had this feeling that something had been left undone.

We went to the Museum of Natural Science today and spent most of our time in the Hall of Gems and Minerals. There is a 75 carat sapphire pendant that Harper decided she would like for her birthday. I laughed and told her probably not this year. "Maybe when I'm seven," she decided.

I'm contemplating going out in the front yard and raking some leaves. Our yard is covered and everyone else on our street pays guys to come blow theirs away with noisy machines.

I just had leftover potato soup for lunch. The husband made a huge batch on Sunday. He is a really good cook. I also ate an inappropriate number of M&Ms from a large bag that is now only half full.

Perhaps this is why I did not blog yesterday. Not much to say. Here's Hudson hitting piles of leaves with a big stick.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Seven is a good age for a 75 carat sapphire. I love hearing what Harper has to say. She is too cute.

Oh, and as far as Breakfast Of Champions goes, it was a bit too crude for me. All the Vonnegut books I've read have had some crude humor, but BOC was worse than the rest. Maybe I'm just not clever enough to understand the him, but I don't always "get" Vonnegut. Mother Night seemed different from his other books which may be why I liked it so much.