Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rudy toot-toot and rummy tum tums

Harper and I have been working on one of those little loom potholder things for about 9 months now. Every couple of months she would remember it and say, "Mommy, we need to work on my Gloom." Mostly I had to do the weaving because it's a little tricky for small hands. Then we finished the weaving part and I couldn't for the life of me remember how to finish the edges. So yesterday I found a YouTube video that showed me how to do it. (it looks terrible, by the way) While I was doing that, Harper emptied the entire bag of little loop things, which she also refers to as her Gloom, onto the floor. Then she started wallowing around in it and tossing it up into the air. Then she gathered it all up in a little wagon, poured it on top of herself, and shouted, "I'M COVERED IN MY GLOOM!!!" which made me giggle for several minutes.

Today I was taking Hudson to the bathroom (going fairly well, by the way. Not perfect, but fairly well) and I thought I heard a little something. "Was that a toot?" I queried. "No, it was not a toot in my bottom," he replied, "Was a toot in my mouf." I did tell him that the appropriate terminology for a "mouth toot" is actually a "burp." He has also developed this southern drawl of late, so that 'now' is pronounced "nay-ow" and 'on' is pronounced "aw-wun". This conversation took place at breakfast a few days ago:

Hudson: Puppies like me.
Harper: They like me better.
me: Harper.
Harper: Well, they like me one hundred miles. Hudson you were a baby one hundred years ago. I was a baby one hundred and two thirty ago.

6 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

we have the exact same bag of gloom. and the gloom is constantly all over my floor. and the kids can't gloom b/c it's too hard for them. so i have to gloom all by myself.

chrys

Jo said...

Izzy made one of those at Mi Ma's for Gee's Christmas present! I need to look at that video, b/c it's all done, but tying off that final loop! It actually looks really cute, but I had to fix a couple of lines I'd missed in my sporadic checks.

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti said...

I still can't get the final loop tied off properly. I think our gloom stayed on the gloom too long and the gloom pieces are having trouble remembering their elasticity.

Robin said...

"I'M COVERED IN MY GLOOM!!!"

That is hilarious.

Jamie said...

I think "mouth toot" is completely acceptable terminology.