The husband was not familiar with the Josh Groban "Little Drummer Boy" and maybe you aren't either. If so, the Hudson clip wasn't as funny as it might have been. Suffice it to say that Mr. Groban does some of his trademark show-boaty vocals all over a couple of the verses, and that is what Hudson was apparently attempting to emulate. Something else you might have noticed is that Hudson is still sleeping in a pack-and-play. Yes, that is his actual "bed." He has slept in it every single night of his almost 3 years. It fit perfectly into our small walk-in closet that was his room for the first 16 months or so of his life. Then when we moved we got a bed for Harper and intended to move him into the real crib. Then I found out I was pregnant with Helena so we thought we'd just skip the crib and move him into a real bed. Only I was afraid it would mess up his wondrous sleep habits. And so, here we are. Maybe for his birthday he'll get a bed. Or maybe not.
Six years ago this week I went to see the film "Bonhoeffer" at the Angelika theatre in Dallas with some friends. One of the fellows in the group offered me his coat during the movie because I was cold. A week later we had our first date. Six months later we had a wedding. Six years later we two have become five. Isn't that something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You're something. You left out a few details. Mainly the popcorn (or the lack thereof).
wait--there's popcorn details that were omitted? I want the FULL story in the next post.
Hudson and Asher can form a support group for 3 Year Olds that Love Baby Beds. We're trying to convice Asher that the new baby will need a bed to sleep in and that it would be terribly big brotherish of him to give up his, but he's not buying it.
While Ken and I along w/ the kids were decorating our tree last night, Carrigan came across an ornament of 2 bears sitting on a couch together and asked who it belonged to. I told her that that was our ornament as a married couple. Ken and I then calculated that this coming Christmas Eve marks our 20th year of being engaged. Wow. 20 years. Am I old or did I just marry young? Please tell me it's the latter.
Post a Comment