So, my computer, perhaps in some sort of technological protest against all of the daily blogging, has died. The husband has been trying to resurrect it all evening to no avail. It's like a little Lech Walesa has taken over my motherboard and is whispering 'solidarity!" to the little silicon thingies and they are obeying him because Polish is a really forceful sounding language. Only I guess I'm Communism in this little metaphor and I think with all the God talk and Ayn Rand reading that clearly isn't applicable.
So, I think tomorrow the husband is going to leave his computer at home so I can do an actual post, though pictures are doubtful. I have been troubled by my pronounced technology withdrawal symptoms. I used to go days without opening the computer, but I was getting a little edgy today not being able to check the weather or my email. The Luddites will want me to turn in my membership card, no doubt. But (and please picture Scarlet O'Hara if you will) I will NEVER have a Blackberry. Nope. You can't make me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I can't ever imagine me w/ one either, though I suspect I might in 20 or so years. I usually get on the bandwagon way behind everyone else. They'll be completely antiquated (and cheap!) by then.
A few days away from a computer can be great, but I quickly get the itch to check email or something as soon as I get back home.
Just wait--we'll be sitting in the Tot Spot and I'll be all "Um, Patti, could you get off facebook so we can visit." Just a matter of time...
ps--I don't know if I ever officially cast my vote as to the mattress question, but I meant to say "BUY A NEW ONE." Soon.
Post a Comment