Still toothless. The other two were late getting teeth too, but I think this is a record. Soon enough.
Still nursing 4-5 times a day but I have been making much more of an effort with food. Every night for dinner she gets oatmeal mixed with something (sweet potatoes, apples and blueberries, pears, bananas) which she seems to really enjoy. She follows each bite with some fingers, which makes for a slimy mess. About every third day, she'll have a jar or two of baby food at lunch as well. She especially likes sitting at the table eating with Harper and Hudson.
She is in bed by 6:30pm and is sleeping through until 6:30 or 7am!! The night feeding went away without any "Ferberizing". I'm glad. She is just such a happy, content little lady. As long as I am pretty consistent to be home for naps (usually 1-2 hours morning, and 2-3 hours afternoon) she will go an entire day without crying. I put her in the sleep sack, sing a song, put her down in her crib, she talks to herself a little, finds her fingers, and then drifts off to sleep. She also wakes up happy. I'll hear quiet little talking sounds and when I open the door to get her, she greets me with the biggest smile.
When she's awake she likes exploring, but she's also happy to sit and play. Her blocks and stacking cups are her favorites.
She is really good at pulling up and then getting herself back down without toppling over.
We, amidst the pumpkins, minus the Daddy, who was photographing. Helena was trying very hard to wiggle from my grasp and get at the pumpkin.

4 comments:
Helena sounds like a dream kid! I want a bay like her too so prepare me the sermon or the mummy talk how to make it sleep would be good since it seems R did not sleep night through until he was 1.5years old and I am still struggleing. I am amazed you are still nursing! You must be the best mummy in the whole wide world! Well, let me rephrase...you are the bestest yummiest mummy in the world! Mxx
Thanks Maria! I think it has just about everything to do with a baby's temperament and very little to do with my mothering style. My other two, while very sweet, were nowhere NEAR this easy. And breastfeeding has been the same way--from very difficult with Harper to very wonderful with Helena.
I'm so glad she is such a blessing! Our 8 month old sounds similar. Not sleeping as much as your sweet one, but the smiles and giggles abound around him.
I heard you were at Dewberry Farm one day after we were! It would have been so great to run into everyone. I'll let you know next time we head that way.
This is wonderful. Helena will be so glad to read this about herself someday.
Post a Comment