"Last year for Christmas I got a little baby puppy."
And everyone collectively said, "Awwwwwwwwww," because I'm sure they were picturing the cute little girl with the cute little voice cuddling her cute little puppy.
Except that Harper did NOT get a little baby puppy for Christmas last year, she got a play kitchen.
Meanwhile, Hudson has taken to wearing his puppy around in a sling fashioned out of his special blanket and a clothespin.
So yes, our kids REALLY want a real live puppy. And no, we are not getting them one.
We spent last week with the Grandparents Pate and we made gingerbread men:
The husband and I also got to have dinner out with the Youngs (Carrie, who leaves sage comments as "Ken" about mothering her four sweet kids) and I laughed so hard that my stomach was sore. Carrie and I have known each other since preschool? earlier? and it's such a delight to be able to share childhood memories (some really WEIRD ones, incidentally) and also have life right now so in common as well. And speaking of old friends, happy birthday to you, Mrs. Dyson! Forty is the New Thirty, you know.

2 comments:
oh man. I just love it. Hearing your words make me feel somewhat normal. Thank you for all the laughter and wisdom you share in these hard years. And I've used (with both boys) and loved the teach your child to read book. I'm glad you and your husband had some alone time.
LOVED our time together as well. My stomach wasn't all that sore, but I to go home and change into pajama pants immediately. Giving birth to 4 children will do that to you when you laugh too hard. I'll let you figure that one out! : )
Also, on a side note, go to MTV's Engaged and Underage episodes and I think you'll find something interesting to watch. Wow. Just. Wow.
Love you! Let's get together over Christmas, maybe?
Carrie
Post a Comment